Making Christmas Dreams Come True
Six ways to help:
- 1. You can put a smile on a child's face this Christmas. Purchase a gift(s) for a child in need. Angel Tree cards will be on display November 21st to December 14th, at the Fayette Mall (near H&M) & Whitaker Banks(Lexington & Georgetown). Simply select a child's card. Using the information on the card as a guide, purchase a new gift(s). Return the UNWRAPPED gift and card to the Salvation Army Christmas Center at 1030 South Broadway, Lexington, the Fayette Mall or to Whitaker Bank (Lexington or Georgetown)by December 8th.
- 2. Provide Christmas Dinner for an angel tree family by purchasing a $25.00 gift card at Kroger. Beginning November 21st, 'Food Angel' cards will be displayed at area Kroger stores. Customers may simply select a child's angel card, take it to the register and donate $25.00. A receipt for tax deduction purposes will be issued immediately.
- 3. Assist with applications. Applications are taken on October 7, 8, 14, 15, 28, 29 and November 5. For more information, please contact Laura Hylbert at (859) 252-7706 ext. 305.
- 4. Volunteer at the Fayette Mall Angel Tree display for a two hour shift or longer. Greet shoppers, sign out Angel Tree Cards, and receive returned gifts. Volunteers are needed the Friday prior to Thanksgiving through the second Sunday in December. To volunteer, please call: Cheryl Dance at: (859) 273-7077, or email at: email@example.com
- 5. Volunteer to organize a toy drive with your church group or business.
- 6. Help organize Angel Tree packages at the Christmas Center. Volunteers are needed until December 18th. To volunteer call Jessica Ashcraft at (859) 252-7706 ext. 145. or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note: this activity is best suited for adults. Groups are welcome.
Please click here for a brochure highlighting all of the seasonal volunteer opportunities.