Explore The Salvation Army's Career Opportunities Nationwide
The Salvation Army is divided into four US territories; East, Central, South and West. Please click on your area to find available positions in your part of the country.
Salvation Army does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To find a career with The Salvation Army in your area, please contact your local Salvation Army by using the field below to find your nearest location.
Opportunities to Serve in the Greater Cleveland Area
Advancement Director (AD)
The Advancement Director is a senior level position and is responsible for strengthening and expanding The Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland’s fund raising and awareness of the mission and services. With the support of the DSGC and the Advisory Board, the Advancement Director will implement an advancement plan that will include major donors, corporate, business, and special event efforts. This position reports to directly to the Divisional Secretary for Greater Cleveland Area Services. This position also works in tandem with the Divisional Development Department serving Northeast Ohio which is responsible for foundations and mail appeals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, cultivate, pursue and retain donor and contributor support. 50% of this position requires personal contact with donors and prospective donors.
- Assist the DSGC to maintain and cultivate strong relationships with funders.
- Build relationships with area businesses and organizations to create new engagements opportunities for funding, awareness and volunteerism.
- Strategize on and implement efforts to secure new and untapped resources.
- Shall develop, consistent with Salvation Army policy, proposals for program development, enhancement and continuity. Responsibility shall include verification of compliance with terms of grant and such reporting as may be required.
- Oversee the design, implementation and management of The Salvation Army of Grater Cleveland’s visibility, media and marketing campaigns for the purpose of fund development.
- Leverage limited advertising dollars to create and maximize media partnerships.
- Receive, acknowledge and track all donor contributions.
- Maintain updated mailing lists, donor lists and donor profiles. Analyze fundraising data and prepare reports as needed.
- Manage the Development budget for Greater Cleveland Area Services: preparing revenue and expense budgets and setting goals and objectives for meeting the budget needs for GC in consultation with the DSGC.
- Coordinate public relations activities with Corps Officers related to fund development community awareness.
- Coordinate the activities of the Development Committee and manage the Advisory Board Annual Giving Campaign with the DSGC.
- Assist the Advisory Board with the Annual Civic Event.
- Assume other responsibilities as directed by the DSGC.
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to network
- Ability to connect and build new relationships quickly
- Comfortable with “cold calls”
- Knowledge of Greater Cleveland area business climate desired
- Proven creativity in approaching fundraising, along with comprehensive understanding of fundraising essentials and best practices in philanthropy.
- Knowledge of or experience with successful Internet-based community building and fundraising strategies, tools, and techniques.
- General experience in public relations and working with media to increase public awareness of organizational
- Solid analytical and strategic thinker with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well under pressure while managing multiple activities.
- Ability to represent The Salvation Army to a broad range of community constituents.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and be willing to travel regionally as needed, flexible on scheduling to accommodate corporate relationships and events and other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army.
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO:
Major Lurlene-Kay Johnson at
Discover Our Many Facets in Northeast Ohio
The definition of a fulfilling career varies from person to person. For some it's the opportunity to be challenged by their work or the chance to develop new skill sets. However you define your professional goals, you have the opportunity to achieve them at The Salvation Army. Few organizations are as impassioned about their employees as they are about their mission, or as innovative in how they approach professional development.
Employees of The Salvation Army strive to serve their community and those individuals who are most in need. The work is meaningful and the employees are proud to support such exceptional social service programs. Whether you work in our administrative offices or are based at one of our program sites, your efforts will help us continue Doing the Most Good.