Community Fitness Offerings
True to the Salvation Army's mission of "ministering to the whole person", The Salvation Army Kroc Center is home to many unique programs and services aimed at improving all aspects of daily life. We strive to offer our corporate sector the opportunity to be proactive in helping employees stay healthy through education and exercise.
Group Exercise Programs
Programs are designed to offer groups a convenient first step in providing wellness opportunities in the workplace. Benefits include employee stress reduction, as well as fun co-worker interaction and ongoing motivation to increase regular physical activity. Options include:
- Zumba®: A low impact dance type class that will keep you moving - part funk, part hip hop, part Latin, and part aerobics – and designed as a fun option for all fitness levels.
- Extreme Fit: A challenging total body workout that infuses cardiovascular and strength training exercises; the class uses various pieces of equipment, as well as body weight exercises, to burn calories.
- Yoga: The practice of yoga may be offered at an easier pace, with a focus on functional flexibility and centered around breathing, balance, and body alignment.
- Tai Chi: Ideal for those looking for a gentle way to build strength, endurance, flexibility, and coordination; Tai Chi is especially appropriate for seniors and those moving from a sedentary to an active lifestyle.
- Cardio Dance Jamz: Get "into the groove" with this low impact cardiovascular workout that will tone while improving strength and endurance.
- Pilates Mat: A program that is designed to heighten body awareness and coordination, promote flexibility and agility, and teach core strength and graceful movement.
- Strengthen & Stretch: A perfect class for those seeking the benefits of a full cardiovascular workout without the impact of high-energy aerobics; it's an appropriate option for seniors, as well as those who are de-conditioned and looking for the right starting point for exercise.
- Piloxing®: A unique combination of Pilates and boxing moves that results in a muscle-sculpting, core-centric workout, perfectly designed to improve strength and body tone while increasing energy!
- Aqua Aerobics (Center only): Aqua classes take advantage of the buoyancy of the water to promote muscular strength, tone, flexibility, and endurance for all fitness levels.
- Indoor Cycling (Center only): This stationary cycling experience incorporates interval training and mental focus to build cardiovascular and muscle endurance, coordination, strength, and full body toning.
Individual Fitness Assessment:
Complete with a written report of findings and recommendations for exercise – this service includes the following (testing may be modified based upon individual needs and/or functional ability):
For additional information on how The Salvation Army Kroc Center can bring wellness to your workplace, please contact Jeffrey Hewlings, Operations Director at the Kroc Center at 215 558 1595 or via email at
- Health history questionnaire
- Resting heart rate and blood pressure
- Cardiovascular fitness test
- Grip strength
- Body composition/BMI (measures body fat % and Body Mass Index)