Emergency Shelter and Transitional Living Center
Purpose: To enable homeless women and children to become self-sufficient and obtain permanent housing.
Hanger Lodge is a 152-bed comprehensive emergency shelter for women and children. There are 18 family units and 11 dormitory rooms for single women. Our case managers get to the heart of the problem by assessing the individual needs of each resident and developing an action plan. During our resident's stay they receive three meals per day, comfort supplies, access to laundry facilities and bus tokens.
Other vital services offered in-house include:
- Case management
- Mental health counseling
- Job training in collaboration with other agencies
- Referral services
- Assistance in obtaining housing and jobs
- Life skills and computer classes
- Child care and after-school programs
- Medical clinic through a partnership with University of Kentucky's College of Medicine
- Safe Haven support group for individuals in recovery
- Bible study and Spiritual counseling
A variety of group programs are offered through the life skills training program. They include: job readiness, housing, parenting, money management, nutrition, computer lab, substance abuse awareness and education. For more information, please call: (859) 252-7706