A Fantastic Volunteer Opportunity for Children and Teens!
Children and Youth Groups are encouraged to have a lemonade stand and donate the proceeds to The Salvation Army to support its services for homeless kids and their parents.
Frequently asked questions:
Where do I register my child or group?
Starting June 1st you can register at The Salvation Army or online. When you register you will receive a LemonAiD Kit. The options to register are:
- Online atwww.lemonaidDays.org
- At Whitaker Bank locations in Lexington and Georgetown
- At The Salvation Army, 736 West Main Street, Lexington, KY
What comes in the LemonAiD Kit?
- Official LemonAiD badges for stand operators
- Poster to designate stand as an Official LemonAiD Site
- Instructions on running a successful stand
- Stickers for customers
- Return Envelope for Proceeds
What do Parents provide?
- Lemonade & Cups (Pre-mixed powder form works great, but don't be afraid to get creative!)
- Help setting up Stand
- Optional extra refreshments, cookies, brownies, etc.
Where do I set up my LemonAiD stand?
You can set up your stand nearly anywhere. With a little promotion your front yard can be an ideal spot.
But also consider heavy traffic areas, such as a youth baseball game, after church, or in front of a store (Don't forget to ask for permission). Adding a lemonAiD stand to an existing event works has proven to be very successful.
Do I have to run my stand every day from June 27th - July 31st?
No, you can run your stand as long as you like - one day, a weekend or an entire week.
How much do we charge for Lemonade?
Stand operators are allowed to choose the price they wish to charge for their lemonade. This is a charity event and it would also be acceptable simply to ask for donations. A good option is to ask for a donation for a drink. You'll find many generous customers this way!
Where do I turn in the Proceeds we Raise?
There will be a LemonAiD Finale at Fayette Mall on July 31st from 4:00 p.m.-6:30 p.m. where kids can celebrate and put their proceeds into The Salvation Army giant red kettle. Alternatively, proceeds can be dropped off anytime at The Salvation Army in downtown Lexington, Monday - Friday from 9:00 - 4:30 at the Administration Entrance, or mailed in the proceeds envelope to:
The Salvation Army
736 West Main Street
Lexington, KY 40508
For more information, please visit www.lemonaidDays.org
or call Justin Richter at: (859) 252-7706 ext.125 or email Justin.Richter@use.salvationarmy.org.
What else should I know?
- We will be having a kick-off day on June 27th in Lexington. We will be having volunteers host LemonAiD stands at the Walmarts in Lexington to encourage other families to register, and also to collect donations for cans of Minute Maid lemonade. If you would like to volunteer for the kick-off day, please contact Justin Richter.
- Come watch us in the July 4th Parade. Look for our LemonAiD float and cheer us on!
- IMPORTANT! The LemonAiD finale will be held July 31st at The Fayette Mall from 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Come out for some fun, and drop off your LemonAiD donations. All LemonAiD participants can pick up their free t-shirt and enjoy a free corndog and lemonade from our friends at Sonic – America’s Drive In!