Kroc Center Hours
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: Roller Skating & BFL 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Open for Classes, Rentals & Special Events Only. Please call ahead.
Sunday: Prayer Meeting - 9:00 a.m.
Worship Service - 10:00 a.m.
Sunday School - 11:15 a.m.
(Rec Open for rentals and scheduled program Only.)
June - August - Building Hours
Same as the month of May except
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Spray Park Hours
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Holiday Building Closures
Memorial Day, 4th of July, & Labor Day
Social Services Office
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Ohio Benefit Bank
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Available by appointment only. Contact a counselor at 419.281.8001 to schedule an appointment.
Food Pantry Hours
Monday: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 11:00 a.m. - Noon
Take Out Only: Noon - 12:30 p.m.
Available at no charge for those in need. All are welcome. Donations accepted.
Kroc Center Membership
The RJKCCC is open to all. Memberships are no longer needed to be part of the Kroc Center. During this time of transition, we will need to collect contact information on each guest for emergency reasons.
As part of Joan Kroc’s wish for the Kroc Center, we offer scholarship opportunities toward classes and lessons. Financial need must be demonstrated. Applications are available at the Welcome Center. For details call 419.281.8001.
Returned Checks Policy
There will be a $20 charge for each returned check. Use of the Kroc Center is not permitted until payments are made current. Checks will not be resubmitted and all future payments must be made in cash, credit or debit card.
Cancellations seven (7) or more days prior to first class will receive full refund of class and material fees. Cancellations after that point will receive a pro-rated refund for the number of classes, which have occurred (regardless of whether you have attended or not), minus a $5 service charge. Material fees will not be refunded.
All rentals/parties have a 50% non-refundable deposit due at time of booking. All room rentals/parties must be paid in full one (1) week before the rental occurs. Any cancellations must be made at least two (2) weeks prior to a rental/party, or a refund will not be given and are subject to prior agreement.
Refunds will be given when programs are cancelled due to low enrollment.
Spray Park Policy
Spray Park may close due to inclement weather or cool temperatures below 70’. Watch the Kroc Plaza Sign for further details.
Code of Conduct & Policies
In order to facilitate positive life experiences while at the Salvation Army RJKCCC, mutual respect between members, guests, and staff is required at all times. Failure to observe these policies will result in disciplinary action and/or termination of membership privileges.
1. The Salvation Army RJKCCC is a community center where youth and adult can utilize the facility as they choose and can leave the facility when they are finished. Children need to moderate their own behavior and activity when in the center; those who cannot do so must have parental supervision for continued participation. Children ages 6 and under must be accompanied by an adult (parent or guardian) when in the facility unless registered for a specific class or program that accepts young children. If participating in an age-appropriate activity, they are to be taken to the program area and picked up from the program area by an adult.
2. Children seven (7) and older may be in the facility without supervision during age appropriate events. However, Monday - Thursday after 7:00 p.m. all children 12 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult, not a sibling. Friday nights 7:00 - 10:00 p.m., only students 9th-12th grade are permitted in Teen Night. Saturday nights, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. only families and tweens (up to 8th grade) are permitted in Family Night at the Kroc.
3. If children are not picked up by closing time, the parent/guardian will be called. If no one can be reached, or if the children are not picked up within a 10-minute period, the Ashland Police Department will be called.
4. Attire: Shoes and shirts are required to be worn in the facility.
5. Drug and alcohol usage is prohibited on Salvation Army property
6. Grievance Policy: The supervisor on duty will work out any grievances that arise with guests. If they cannot be resolved in this manner, guests should put their concerns in writing and give them to the Welcome Center staff. A member of the administrative staff will contact the guest within 48 hours and will work to find an acceptable resolution to the situation.
7. Internet Usage: The Salvation Army reserves the right to monitor the Internet activity of our guests and staff including the websites they visit. The Salvation Army also reserves the right to restrict computer usage by our guests when their Internet usage is inappropriate.
8. Profanity: Language used in the facility is to be respectful of others. Profanity or other hurtful language will not be accepted. Guests that choose to use profanity will be asked to leave the property.
9. Personal items: The Salvation Army is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items that are brought into the center.
10. Provision of Service: Center personnel have the right to refuse service to anyone deemed disruptive or abusive.
11. Smoking Policy: Smoking is prohibited within the facility and is limited to designated areas on the property.
Just as Mrs. Joan Kroc decided to give back to the world through her gift to The Salvation Army, you too can give a gift of permanent change that will uplift our community. Financial gifts and gifts of time are equally valuable. As The Salvation Army says, “When you put money in our kettle, expect change.” Your donations help us to create real and lasting change for communities in need. Your gift to The Ashland Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center can be used locally, or applied to other locations in need, according to your preference. Your gift will assist those who are underprivileged to receive programs, resources, services, and support that their families and children so desperately in need. As the old saying goes, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. By encouraging and nurturing those in need, our community will become stronger.
Thank you for your generosity and goodwill. We welcome your donations through the means below:
• Online: http://donate.salvationarmyusa.org/
• By phone: 1-800-SAL-ARMY
• By check or mail: Payable to The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army
527 East Liberty St.
P.O. Box 497
Ashland, OH 44805
Volunteers are everyday people who thrive to help others. Volunteering does not require extensive skill or training: it just requires heart. If you have the heart to help, The Ashland Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center will always have room for you to volunteer. There is no value that can be placed upon a smile, a comforting hand, or a familiar face in a time of need. The personal and spiritual growth you will gain through your volunteer experience is also beyond value. Please contact us today to begin positively impacting lives in your community.