The Salvation Army responds to people in need every day of the year. Our ability to fulfill this community commitment relies heavily on individuals just like you. We welcome your interest in becoming a volunteer. Please join us in our mission to do the most good.
Volunteering -- General Guidelines and Opportunities
There are many opportunities to help The Salvation Army in Greater Cincinnati serve those in the community. Please use the following guidelines to direct your contacts for volunteer opportunities in Greater Cincinnati:
- Individuals or Small Groups -- individuals and small groups of volunteers are best suited to support The Salvation Army's local community centers (Corps) and specific Program areas.
- To locate a local Community Center, please click here
- To learn more about local Programs and contacts for each program, please click here
- Corporate Groups -- volunteers from corporate groups are critical for our larger programs, such as during the Christmas season, as well as large projects that are occasionally available for implementation. For more information about having your corporate group volunteer with The Salvation Army, please contact Deanna Powell at 513-762-5643, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emergency Disaster Services -- when disaster strikes, The Salvation Army is there to help. Volunteering to assist The Salvation Army during emergency situations requires special training. To find out more about serving the community (either locally or regionally) in this manner, please contact Capt. Tim Sheehan at 513-242-9100.
If you reside outside the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area and would like to volunteer your time or services, we encourage you to contact your local Salvation Army facility. To locate the facility nearest you, click here; you can also use the "Find a Center" feature on the left-hand side of the page to find the center nearest you.