If you would like to donate furniture, household items, or a substantial amount of clothing and wish to arrange a pick up please call 1-800-SA-TRUCK (1-800-728-7825). Based the area code of the phone you are calling form, this number will automatically connect you to a Salvation Army near you.
You can also call the following numbers to arrange for a pickup:
|Manhattan, Roosevelt Island, and Northern Queens (including: Astoria, Long Island City, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, Corona, Rego Park, Flushing, Kew Gardens, Whitestone, Bayside, Little Neck, Douglaston, Fresh Meadows, and Glen Oaks)
|Bronx and Rockland
Brooklyn and Southern Queens (excluding: Astoria, Long Island City, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, Corona, Rego Park, Flushing, Kewy Gardens, Whitestone, Bayside, Little Neck, Douglaston, Fresh Meadows, and Glen Oaks)
|Nassau and Suffolk County
|Dutchess, Orange, and Ulster County
Due to the high volume of donations received and the limited number of trucks available to respond to pick up requests, The Salvation Army cannot schedule same-day pick ups. While we will try our best to work with your schedule, pick up appointments are usually scheduled to take place within 7-14 days from the time of the initial phone call. However, schedules may vary based on location, time of year and the number of trucks available in your area.
If you would prefer to drop off your items, please call 1-800-SA-TRUCK or consult the directory of our thrift stores. Our representatives will be able to advise you based on your location.
Please note: because of the excessive cost of dumping and major repairs, we can only accept furniture that is in salable or easily repairable condition. We cannot accept: broken appliances, water beds, furniture in bad repair, magazines, old encyclopedias, bathroom fixtures (toilets, etc.), tires, paint, swing sets, water heaters, windows or doors. And due to laws and other regulations, there may be other items that we cannot accept. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions about any of the items you wish to donate, or would prefer to drop off your location, please call 1-800-SA-TRUCK
Donations Dos and Don'ts
- Do test all electrical and battery-operated equipment to make sure it is still working prior to donation
- Do include all manuals, if available
- Do include all pieces and/or parts
- Do wash or dry-clean any clothing prior to donation
- Do call ahead of time if dropping items off at a center or store
- Do bring an itemized list of your donation and ask for a receipt
- Do not donate broken or soiled items
- Do not leave items outside a collection box or center
- Do not donate items that have been recalled, banned or which otherwise do not meet current safety standards