We believe the Bible is God’s Word and forms the only basis for our
faith and living. We believe there is only one God and he only should be
worshipped, and that he expresses himself as Father, Son and Holy
Spirit. We believe that God’s creation of the universe was perfect but
when man first deliberately disobeyed God, sin and suffering entered the
world. As a result, man’s relationship with God has been spoiled. We
believe that Jesus is both truly divine and human. Through his suffering
and death on the cross is given the only way by which sinful people -
which means all mankind - can be forgiven. When we are forgiven, our
relationship with God is put right and we receive new spiritual life.
Although this is God’s free gift, we have a part to play in that process
- we must be truly sorry for our wrongdoing and have faith in Jesus.
To maintain this new life we must continually have faith in Jesus and be
obedient to him. Once we are ‘saved’, God gives us the help we need to
live in the way he wants us to. We believe that our real selves (spirit)
never dies but go on living beyond physical death. After this present
life we will be accountable to God for how we have lived. Those whose
lives have been as God has wished will live with him in eternal
happiness; those who have not done so will be unhappy forever because
they will be apart from God. These Christian beliefs which form our
doctrine are relevant to all generations and point to the unchanging
answer to people’s basic need of a right relationship with God.
The Salvation Army, an International movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
What We Believe:
Salvation Army is a Protestant denomination of the Christian church.
Our doctrines affirm the revealed truth of Holy Scripture.
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were
given by inspiration of God, and that they, only, constitute the Divine
rule of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe that there is only one God, who is infinitely perfect,
the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only
proper object of religious worship.
- We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead-the Father,
the Son and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power
- We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human
natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and
- We believe that our first parents were created in a state of
innocency, but by their disobedience they lost their purity and
happiness, and that in consequence of their fall all men have become
sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has by His suffering and death
made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever will may be
- We believe that repentance towards God, faith in our Lord Jesus
Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit, are necessary to salvation.
- We believe that we are justified by grace through faith in our Lord
Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself.
- We believe that continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
- We believe that it is the privilege of all believers to be wholly
sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be
preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the immortality of the soul, in the resurrection of
the body, in the general judgment at the end of the world, in the
eternal happiness of the righteous, and in the endless punishment of the