||The Salvation Army of the Syracuse Area has been providing hope to the residents of this community since 1883. With 40 different programs that serve everyone from infants to seniors, The Salvation Army touches the lives of more than 41,000 Onondaga County residents each year.
International Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Syracuse Area Services Vision Statement
The Salvation Army will provide high quality, compassionate services to individuals and families in the most need in our community, encouraging and empowering them to achieve their full potential.
We will be the recognized leader in revitalizing the quality of life for poor and disconnected people in our community, using the resources entrusted to us to meet their needs in effective and innovative ways.
Our vision is that all children, youth and adults in our community will have:
- Food, shelter and clothing
- Caring, supportive relationships
- The education, skills and resources necessary for independence
- A spiritual connection and encouragement for spiritual growth
- The opportunity to use their unique gifts and talents to enrich our community
Syracuse Area Services Core Beliefs
- The Salvation Army’s heritage is a guide to our work.
- All persons are created in the image of God and we treat each individual with dignity and respect.
- We empower people to make healthy life choices and encourage them to examine the spiritual dynamic of life.
- We are strengthened by the talent and the diversity of our staff, clients, donors, volunteers and community partners.
- We believe that strategic partnerships enhance the effectiveness of our services and maximize community resources.
- We are committed to accountability, integrity, excellence and innovation.